Create Account
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE

Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6047

Hi, my plugin is working on a Joomla 1.5 site but I have an extra plain text word SHARE showing next to the actual SHARE button. Any clues on how to make the plain text SHARE disappear? This is in Firefox. I just checked it in IE and I dont see the SHARE butoon at all, just the plain text SHARE?

I attached a screenshot from Firefox & IE.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by debbielphillips.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6048

Nevermind, I had to allow the SDK option in the plugin, instead of plain javascript.

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6049

Well now I dont see any pictures just the article url. I have the newest KA plugin , SDK enabled.

If I change the setting in KA plugin back to javascript, then I get the extra SHARE ?

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6062

• zaheerkaka
The extra word comes from getShareJavaScript function in
\plugins\content\kafacebooklike.php

you can edit the file and remove Share word:
$shareJavaScript = '<a name="fb_share" type="'.$plgConfig['share_btn_style'].'" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php">[color=#ff0000]Share[/color]</a><script src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share" type="text/javascript"></script>';

Also show us URL so we can have a look.

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6064

Ok great. The url is www.hobnobfranklin.com.

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6065

I dont see kafacebooklike.php in the plugin file. I see two other files Elements and Fields, which one?

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6067

• zaheerkaka
For Joomla 2.5
plugins/content/kafacebooklike/kafacebooklike.php

For Joomla 1.5
plugins/content/kafacebooklike.php
	function getShareJavaScript( $plgConfig, $curPageURL ) {
		$shareJavaScript = '<a name="fb_share" type="'.$plgConfig['share_btn_style'].'" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php"></a><script src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share" type="text/javascript"></script>';
		return $shareJavaScript;
	}

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6068

I am using joomla 1.5 but i dont see that file, kafacebooklike.php. Is it possible i had a bad upload or something?

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6069

• zaheerkaka
Ca you check and tell us which extension you are using or post screenshot of extension backend settings page so we can have a look.

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6070

Here is a screenshot of the backend. I just bought this yesterday.
Attachments:

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6071

I would like to add that when i jump from screen to screen the SHARE button stays plain text, but if i stay on one page and refresh the screen the share button appears next to the text Share.

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6072

• zaheerkaka
paths should be correct.

could it be that you are looking at wrong path or wrong server?

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6073

Im using Filezilla, here is a screenshot of the files.
Attachments:

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6074

• zaheerkaka
install the plugin again, it will overwrite the files and install the ones missing incase they missing.

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6075

Actually I just did that, no change.

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6076

• zaheerkaka
Can you send FTP access via Contact Us form and I will check it myself.

Regards

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6077

ok i will. Thanks

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6078

Just sent it.

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6079

• zaheerkaka
I removed Share word from file:
/public_html/plugins/content/kafacebooklike.php

Regards

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6080

Thanks thats great, why cant i see the file?

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6081

The reason I need to know whay I cant see it is because i have several other hobnob sites to put this on...

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6082

Now for the issue I just remembered ...the SHARE button only appears on most pages after you refresh the screen. If you look thru the articles on the bottom of my homepage, you will see what i mean.

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6083

• zaheerkaka
File is there probably your FileZilla is configured differently or something.

Are you using any other Facebook extensions? If yes disable them to see if there is a conflict.

regads

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6084

I am using JFBConnect, but have been for along time, along with KA. We also have K2 that has some social buttons also but everything worked together fine for along time.

I have your older version of KA installed on quite a few joomla sites using the Affinity Rocket theme template, a couple of weeks ago the extra share text word started appearing and the refreshing issue to see the real button.

I figured ok something has changed all of a sudden so i bought the newest version yesterday but it was the same problems. Not sure what to do.

Re: Plugin works fine , but on the front end i see all the buttons and extra word SHARE 6 years 3 months ago #6090

• khawaib
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Facebook has plans to drop Share button at some point after they released new buttons probably thats why there has been some change at Facebook end. Show us the URL where you activated the buttons and we test to see if they slow.
Please include following information when posting for help:
Detail of problem, URL of page where you having problem, Extension name and version being used, Joomla version, PHP version

KA EXTENSIONS
Facebook Fanbox Pro | Social LinkedIn | Social Sharing | Facebook Like and Share | Facebook Social Comments | Facebook Recommendations | Facebook Like Stream
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds