Create Account
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Malformed URLs when using XFBML JavascriptSDK plugin

Malformed URLs when using XFBML JavascriptSDK plugin 6 years 3 months ago #5624

• macchap
  • Fresh Boarder
I have tried this extension on 2 sites and both present the same problems:

1. The Share button 'doubles up' the page URL, e.g. www.tennysonplayers.org.uk/http://www.te...ers.org.uk/home.html
2. The Send button returns an error in the form of : The page at /http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tennysonplayers.org.uk%2Fhome.html could not be reached.
3. The Link is Liked on Facebook in the format : www.facebook.com/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tennys...s.org.uk%2Fhome.html (which gives a Page not found error)

I have tried disabling SEO friendly URLs in Joomla but this has not helped. I'm pretty sure I have set up the application correctly in FB.

The 2 sites are:

www.tennysonplayers.org.uk
www.animaltelepathy.co.uk

Both are running Joomla 1.5.24 with the latest version of the extension (3.6.1)

Can any light be shed on this please?

Thanks in anticipation
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by macchap. Reason: Add extension version
The topic has been locked.

Re: Malformed URLs when using XFBML JavascriptSDK plugin 6 years 3 months ago #5625

• macchap
  • Fresh Boarder
I just found another extension (free!) which does work. I'm going to use it on the www.tennysonplayers.org.uk website instead of yours, leaving the www.animaltelepathy for you to look at and try to figure out what's wrong. I can wait 48 hours but after that I'll have to change the extension on that site too.

Thanks

Re: Malformed URLs when using XFBML JavascriptSDK plugin 6 years 3 months ago #5639

• zaheerkaka
Hi,

Seems something wrong with configuration.

In Advanced Parameters of plugin what do you have selected under Base URL Method and what is entered in Custom Base field?

Select JURI::base(); under Base URL Method settings and leave Custom Base setting blank and then clear cache and test.

Regards
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by zaheerkaka.

Re: Malformed URLs when using XFBML JavascriptSDK plugin 6 years 3 months ago #5640

• macchap
  • Fresh Boarder
Those are the settings I've been using, although I have also tried pretty much every other combination as well!

Re: Malformed URLs when using XFBML JavascriptSDK plugin 6 years 3 months ago #5641

• khawaib
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Seems Facebook have changed something and URL Encode setting need to be set to Disable.

Regards
Please include following information when posting for help:
Detail of problem, URL of page where you having problem, Extension name and version being used, Joomla version, PHP version

KA EXTENSIONS
Facebook Fanbox Pro | Social LinkedIn | Social Sharing | Facebook Like and Share | Facebook Social Comments | Facebook Recommendations | Facebook Like Stream
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by brendan.
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds
Website Security Test