Create Account
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: After liking... facebook returns dead links (browser defaults to google.com)

After liking... facebook returns dead links (browser defaults to google.com) 6 years 5 months ago #5596

• halewilson
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Here's the link on my site... all seems okay and when clicked the joomla article is posted to my Facebook feed, however, the links in the Facebook feed do not link back to the originating article. Can someone verify and identify the problem?

nakuluukulele.com/index.php/component/co...e/9-uncategorised/89

Much thanks!
The topic has been locked.

Re: After liking... facebook returns dead links (browser defaults to google.com) 6 years 5 months ago #5597

• halewilson
  • Fresh Boarder
it gets even weirder...

Something is redirecting the FB links to google.com. Once the link is redirected the url is no longer linked back to the original page. I tried all FF, Safari, and Chrome...same problem in all those browsers.

The Facebook Like and Share buttons are located on the url above. Can someone please help me diagnose this?

Re: After liking... facebook returns dead links (browser defaults to google.com) 6 years 5 months ago #5613

• brendan
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

Please post your Plugin Version number, Joomla version.

Are you using any other Facebook Extensions on website?
Please include following information when posting for help:
Detail of problem | URL of page where you having problem | Extension name and version being used | Joomla version | PHP version

MORE KA EXTENSIONS

Re: After liking... facebook returns dead links (browser defaults to google.com) 6 years 5 months ago #5621

• halewilson
  • Fresh Boarder
I am using version KA Facebook Like and Share version 3.6.1 on my joomla 1.7.0 installation. PHP version 5.3.10

I am also using TT Facebook Likebox in a module which I've disabled but the problem still persists.
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by halewilson.

Re: After liking... facebook returns dead links (browser defaults to google.com) 6 years 5 months ago #5630

• brendan
  • Thank you received: 1
Are you using any type of Domain Redirection and SEO extensions?

Also did you install JavaScriptSDK plugin?

Did you try XFBML mode or JavaScript Mode in plugin settings?
Detail of problem | URL of page where you having problem | Extension name and version being used | Joomla version | PHP version

MORE KA EXTENSIONS
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by brendan.

Re: After liking... facebook returns dead links (browser defaults to google.com) 6 years 5 months ago #5636

• halewilson
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh dang.... I didn't enable the JavaScriptSDK!!!!

I'm gonna do it now and see if that does the trick. Thanks!

BRB!

Re: After liking... facebook returns dead links (browser defaults to google.com) 6 years 4 months ago #5638

• halewilson
  • Fresh Boarder
Okay I am beside myself... for the likes of me I can't figure this out and I can't find documentation on here that explains it all. I tried XFBML and JavascriptSDK with no luck.

If giving someone access to my site will help please let me know!

Re: After liking... facebook returns dead links (browser defaults to google.com) 6 years 4 months ago #5643

• khawaib
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
In your JavaScriptSDK plugin and select website in Choose Type setting. Did you change these default settings?
Detail of problem, URL of page where you having problem, Extension name and version being used, Joomla version, PHP version

KA EXTENSIONS
Facebook Fanbox Pro | Social LinkedIn | Social Sharing | Facebook Like and Share | Facebook Social Comments | Facebook Recommendations | Facebook Like Stream

Re: After liking... facebook returns dead links (browser defaults to google.com) 6 years 4 months ago #5644

• halewilson
  • Fresh Boarder
Khawaib,
Yes I have, at this point I've changed all kinds of settings and tried different combinations with varying results none of which worked. I am pretty sure my FB ID is correct too.

I have to leave for an hour or so but will be back later today.

I really appreciate your assistance. Thanks.
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by halewilson.

Re: After liking... facebook returns dead links (browser defaults to google.com) 6 years 4 months ago #5651

• khawaib
  • Administrator
Seems you have some other problem on your website.

Your website is redirecting to this URL for some reason. pin-se.ru/acu?11

When clicked on Article heading on
nakuluukulele.com/index.php/component/co...e/9-uncategorised/89
it took me to this page which is strange.
pin-se.ru/acu?11

Ask your developer to have a look at it first and fix.

Plugin are posting the URL to Facebook okay now.
Detail of problem, URL of page where you having problem, Extension name and version being used, Joomla version, PHP version

KA EXTENSIONS
Facebook Fanbox Pro | Social LinkedIn | Social Sharing | Facebook Like and Share | Facebook Social Comments | Facebook Recommendations | Facebook Like Stream

Re: After liking... facebook returns dead links (browser defaults to google.com) 6 years 4 months ago #5652

• khawaib
  • Administrator
I think it is hacked, it is opening some Russian websites when I am clicking on some of the links.

probably best would be to start a fresh install and move your content to new site.

KA EXTENSIONS

Re: After liking... facebook returns dead links (browser defaults to google.com) 6 years 4 months ago #5654

• halewilson
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Khawaib,
My host thinks my htaccess file was compromised, their security team is looking into it.
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds
Website Security Test