Create Account
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
As of February 26, 2013, customizing the old version of Facebook Fan Box fails (versions below 8.1). If you having problem with custom styling then make sure you have latest version 8.1 or above.

TOPIC: Lots of problems

Lots of problems 3 years 9 months ago #7350

• Plus
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi - I purchased the Pro version 8.1 in November 2013 and it worked perfectly. Now it does not. I have today paid to upgrade to the latest 8.2 hoping this would solve the problem - it did not.

I now have php errors in the backend module configuration and on the frontend if I choose the custom styling mode.

Errors if Standard Facebook Mode is selected

Backend error messages like: Strict Standards: "Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/modules" and "/mod_kafacebookfanboxpro/fields/colorpicker.php on line 20"

Frontend errors: setting "Show streams area" to "No" has no effect.

Errors if Custom styling is selected

Backend error messages same as above

Frontend errors: Loads of messages like "Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/modules/mod_kafacebookfanboxpro/helper.php on line 147" and "Warning: filemtime(): stat failed for /home/xxxxxx/public_html/cache/375353835950281_https://www.facebook.com/xxxxxxx_fanboxpro.txt in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/modules/mod_kafacebookfanboxpro/helper.php on line 160"

Does this module not work anymore? Feeling slightly ripped off for having paid the upgrade fee.

PS: I should also note that the download is for version 8.2 despite the changelog saying there is an 8.3.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Plus.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lots of problems 3 years 9 months ago #7351

• khawaib
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi,

It should work as it is shows in demos.

These are warning messages that you should disable as they are security risk. In Joomla global configuration settings set error messages to None.

Regards
Please include following information when posting for help:
Detail of problem, URL of page where you having problem, Extension name and version being used, Joomla version, PHP version

KA EXTENSIONS
Facebook Fanbox Pro | Social LinkedIn | Social Sharing | Facebook Like and Share | Facebook Social Comments | Facebook Recommendations | Facebook Like Stream

Lots of problems 3 years 8 months ago #7354

• Plus
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Khawaib, I'll turn of error messaging.

However it still does not solve my problem where setting "Show streams area" to "No" has no effect.

Lots of problems 3 years 8 months ago #7355

• khawaib
  • Administrator
Can I have a look at URL of the website?
Detail of problem, URL of page where you having problem, Extension name and version being used, Joomla version, PHP version

KA EXTENSIONS
Facebook Fanbox Pro | Social LinkedIn | Social Sharing | Facebook Like and Share | Facebook Social Comments | Facebook Recommendations | Facebook Like Stream

Lots of problems 3 years 8 months ago #7356

• Plus
  • Fresh Boarder
Will do but I don't want to post my URL on a public forum. Can I send it to you in a PM? Can't see a PM link in your profile.

Also, I think the errors problem is to do with me running the latest version of PHP (PHP4)? Can you confirm that the module works for PHP4?

Lots of problems 3 years 8 months ago #7357

• khawaib
  • Administrator
You can send PM at following email address.
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Fot any PHP version these warning messages should not be enabled on production server. These should only be enabled in development and test server because they are security risk and expose server paths.

Regards

KA EXTENSIONS
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by khawaib.
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds
Website Security Test