Create Account
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: jomsocial conflict with FB connect & sync problems

jomsocial conflict with FB connect & sync problems 7 years 8 months ago #3363

• aniemeye
  • Fresh Boarder
The comment box and everything about the KA Facebook Social Comment seems to be working just fine except that it is conflicting with jomsocial. Here is the conflict. When my website first loads with a page where the KA Facebook Social Comment loads, the Facebook Connect of Jomsocial is immediately activated and the Facebook Connect window for login pops up on the page even though the Facebook Connect button (Sign in with Facebook) wasn't clicked on. Any thoughts on how to solve this problem? Thanks!
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by aniemeye.
The topic has been locked.

Re:jomsocial conflict with FB connect & sync problems 7 years 8 months ago #3373

• aniemeye
  • Fresh Boarder
using: Facebook Social Comment Plugin
version: 1.5.x.2.4
URL: supconnect.mylocallineup.com
PHP version: 5.2.15
Joomla version: 1.5.20

Here is an updated summary of the problems.

1) Facebook Connect conflict with Jomsocial

When the page with the article is opened and the Facebook Social Comment plugin loads, the Facebook Connect for Jomsocial pops prompting user to login even though user didn't click on the Facebook Connect button

2) Sync Problem A: Comments on Site

If one of the site's admin is logged in and is looking at the comments made, he will see a different set of comments than the regular users.

3) Sync Problem B: Comments off Site

Were the comments on facebook supposed to be in sync with the comments on the Facebook Social Comment plug in? I thought I had read that in the description of the plug in. If I'm right, I've noticed that comments made on Facebook on the shared link are not showing up on the plug in on the site.

Any help appreciated!

Re:jomsocial conflict with FB connect & sync problems 7 years 8 months ago #3386

• zaheerkaka
Hi,

1. Conflict could be because of multiple calls to Facebook API. Try disabling JavaScriptSDK plugin and test as may be JomSocial already have added the code and do not need JavaScriptSDK plugin.

2. Is this problem with New Layout or Old?

3. Comments are not synced anywhere else as far as I know. Where does it say they are synced? You will only see the comments that are made on that page.

Regards

Re:jomsocial conflict with FB connect & sync problems 7 years 8 months ago #3390

• aniemeye
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the reply.

1. I tried disabling the JavaScriptSDK plugin but the comment box didn't load/appear

then,

2.1. I tried switching to the New Layout and the comment box never loaded up again

then

2.2. I tried setting up the Comment Plugin to work without the JavaScriptSDK plugin, but still nothing appeared

3. I think you're right. I probably just misread something.

Now the comment box wasn't appearing at all. I just went ahead and disabled it. I love your plug in and was already getting lots of mileage with it by having people posting way more comments than usual. I can't wait to see it working bug-free. Keep up the great work and I love forward to your response.

Thanks in Advance!

Re:jomsocial conflict with FB connect & sync problems 7 years 8 months ago #3391

• aniemeye
  • Fresh Boarder
Here is something else I tried.

4. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Comment Plugin and the JavaScriptSDK plugin, but still nothing appeared.

Re:jomsocial conflict with FB connect & sync problems 7 years 8 months ago #3403

• GFaBs
  • Fresh Boarder
hey im having the same problem did you fix it? and also i havent upgrade i dont know how to

Re:jomsocial conflict with FB connect & sync problems 7 years 8 months ago #3405

• aniemeye
  • Fresh Boarder
Update.

The comment box has re-appeared but the FB connect conflict and sync problems continue with something different.

1) Facebook Connect conflict with Jomsocial - Updated

The Facebook connect conflict appears with Firefox (4) and Safari (5.0.3) but not Chrome (10.0.6). When the Social Comment Plugin loads on the page the Facebook Connect login box pops up even though the button "Sign in with Facebook" hasn't been clicked on. I also tried running the Social comment plug in without the JavaScriptSDK plugin and it did load when logged in with Facebook but not when logged in as an admin, plus the load time was way too long.

2) Sync Problem A: Comments on Site

I tried back and forth between the old and the new layout but nothing. The problem seems to continue: when logged as an administrative user I see a set of comments and when logged as a FB user I see a different set of comments.

Thanks in Advance!

Re:jomsocial conflict with FB connect & sync problems 7 years 8 months ago #3426

• zaheerkaka
Hi,

1. Are you still having the problem?
I see Comments working on this page:
supconnect.mylocallineup.com/Racing/punt...board-festivity.html

2. Facebook has made changes to their API and seems they order comments according to the relevance to the logged in user. Please post link URL where you see different ordering so we can have a look. Are comments completely different or is it just the ordering different?

Regards

Re:jomsocial conflict with FB connect & sync problems 7 years 7 months ago #3445

• aniemeye
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi thanks for the reply.

1. Logging Conflict: still a problem.

If logged on Facebook, when I go to open an article on supconnect.mylocallineup.com where the comment box appears, the Signin with Facebook login for Jomsocial still pops up forcing a login even though I did not click on Signin with Facebook.

2. Different Comments on Same Page: still a problem.

On this page

supconnect.mylocallineup.com/Manufacture...f-the-year-2010.html

I see 10 comments and 80+ likes when either not logged or logged as a regular user. But if logged as an administrator, then I see 0 comments but the 80+ likes are still there.

Thanks for your support.
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds